Tuesday, 2 February 2010

Maybe I should change the description of this blog...

I'll admit it, I've become sidetracked from the original aim of this blog! The cataloguing of Annie's stuff has been put on hold whilst I learn to sew... after all, I don't want to butcher any of the beautiful things in the Moonbox.

Armed with my trusty christmas Waterstones voucher I invested in Dorling Kindersley's Sewing Book, a veritable bible for newbies like me. I also spent some christmas money on getting my mum's 40 year old Bernina sewing machine serviced by the nice little old man in Saltash. And then came the sewing (and it's all about polka dots this week)...

First up I altered an old dress that didn't fit me across the chest (thanks, Gran, for those genes!) to make it into a full circle skirt. I got so many compliments when I wore it out!


















Next spotty project was a tote bag to cart around my work stuff... This was a big bit of polka dot fabric that I think my aunt gave me years ago. I padded it out with very thin wadding, and lined it with green polycotton (I cheated and bought that!) Don't think I'll be wearing the two together...






1 comment:

Followers