Of all the things left to me by Annie, the one thing I treasure most is her set of mahogany drawers. She salvaged them from a skip in the 70's, and filled them with things that didn't have another home. The drawers are still full of the things she put in them - dental floss, buttons, allen keys, nag champa, paintbrushes being a few of the bits and bobs. I've claimed a couple of the drawers, but they're mostly still a bit of a shrine to my lovely mum.
After having a good old rummage through the drawers the other day, I decided to make some earrings using some of the bits and bobs that I found. First up is a pair made from vintage buttons, and the second are made from whatever I could find...
In late 2009 Olli Moon Woodenspoon braved the cold to sort out her Mum's stuff, which had been in storage since 2005 and was being inhabited by all manner of furry critters and winged beasts.
From forth the fatal loins of those mouldy boxes came a treasure trove of loveliness - forgotten buttons, fabrics, vintage clothes. All collected by the one and only Annie Moonface. So Woodenspoon set about altering them to show the world, and so Bonjour La Lune is born. Enjoi.
No comments:
Post a Comment