I'm scared by how busy I've been recently! It doesn't come naturally to me - anyone who knows me knows that I'm pretty lazy, I like my bed, and I would love nothing more than to spend all day in my PJs. The new job has really taken off in the last month though, I haven't had a spare second to myself! So the creativity has suffered...
I have, however, started an evening class in jewellery design and making, and I'm loving it! I promise I will post some pictures of the things I have made so far in the next couple of days...
I'm mainly concentrating on hand-drawn type and incorporating it into jewellery. Something I got into over christmas (with a little inspiration from Liv Bargman and a book on Polish papercutting) is the loveliness of papercuts. Thankfully this really lends itself to metal work, whether it be through piercing or embossing stuff - both of which I've had a go at, and I'm really pleased with the outcomes....watch this space....
No comments:
Post a Comment