Wednesday, 10 February 2010

Numero dos from the Moonbox...

This beautiful little jacket is so fragile that I could never bear to wear it. It seems so wrong to have this attitude - almost an insult to the nimble fingers that sewed it - but it's so delicately hand sewn that I'm convinced it would fall apart with one gust of Plymouthian gale force wind.

It's two layers of antique silk, with a Japanese (?) design coming up from the bottom. I've no idea where mum found it, but I know I never saw her wearing it, probably for the same reasons that I never will. What to do with these gorgeous things? I want to hold on to them forever, but that doesn't really fit into my plans for the next few years - I'm planning to get rid of everything before I move from this house.



1 comment:

  1. Storage? Etsy? Mum helping fund travels? I think she'd like that? xxx

    ReplyDelete

Followers